We Care About Your Privacy
Information we collect when you interact with us
Ascension collects information via it’s online contact forms and engagements on its social media platforms. We also may collect information about you if you attend an event that we hold or that we are represented at. We will collect limited personal information about you, such as your name, address, phone number and email address. We will use this information:
- to review and respond to any query you submit to us;
- to send you periodic updates about events and news; and
- to comply with obligations that we are subject to under applicable laws, and to enforce and protect our rights.
In addition to our local contact forms, we collect information via third-party websites and payment gateways to secure donations. This information is protected by these third parties according to legal requirements.
Information we collect automatically
We collect non-personal information about your visit to our Website. This information may include the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not) and what browser you are using. This information is primarily used by us to analyze web traffic and to improve the functionality and content of the Website and does not contain any personal information which may belong to you or any other individual.
Sharing of personal information
We will disclose your personal information to:
- third parties who assist in the design, development and engineering of our products and software to the extent that this is necessary to fulfill any request you make;
- our service providers such as IT hosting companies, support services and customer relationship management system providers;
- professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants, auditors and financial advisors;
- regulatory authorities including tax authorities; and
- law enforcement agencies, courts and other tribunals where we are under a legal obligation to disclose your information or we are permitted to do so to protect or defend our rights.
You are always free to decline cookies if your browser has this functionality, although if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Website which depend on the information linked to cookies, and you may be required to re-enter certain information more frequently during a session.
We may use your personal information to keep you up to date with news and events offered by Ascension. You can unsubscribe from receiving these communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email that we send to you.
Protection of your information
We exercise care in protecting your personal information such as, but not limited to, electronic communications to and from us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we are not able to ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the Website.
Retention of personal information
The period for which we will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation.
This Policy only applies to information collected by Ascension. Any information you provide to, or that is collected by, third-party websites may be subject to the privacy policies of those websites, if any. Ascension encourages you to read any such privacy policies of any third-party websites you visit. It is the sole responsibility of such third parties to adhere to any applicable restrictions on the disclosure of your personal information. Ascension, its elders, officers, employees, service providers and representatives shall not be liable for wrongful use or disclosure of your personal information by any such third party.
Changes to this policy
Lasted Updated: May 6, 2020